The Society was founded in 1969 to create the Mineral Springs Park on the site of the historic springs for which the town is famous. The springs, located at the convergence of the Poultney River and North Brook, were first developed in 1868 by A.W. Gray, local manufacturer of agricultural machinery, and were part of the Montvert Hotel resort, 1871-1905. The park features an ornate spring pavillion where the historic springs flow from original marble foundations. The Elisha Leffingwell Tin Shop, moved to the park in 1991, awaits restoration. Interpretive signs, picnic tables, benches and scenic paths are available to the public through the year.
In 1971 the Society acquired the Adams House, built c.1800, from the Town and has restored most of the building for public use in the years since then. The building houses museum display and storage areas, an auditorium with stage, dining room and kitchen and office space rented as the Town Clerk's Office.
The Middletown Springs Historical Society makes its facilities available to other groups and individuals for meetings, workshops and other gatherings. The ground floor is handicap accessible. Rental rates are available on request.